Feature of Japanese Design System
- 6 views drawings are necessary
- GUI, Design for Building and Interior can be protected
- Partial design can be protected
- Perspective view for showing the usage status, cross-sectional views are sometimes preferably required to specify the design clearly.
- JPO entered Hague Agreement Geneva act
For more information about Japanese patent system, please visit the Links below:
FAQ of the Japanese Design system (JPO Link)
Revision of the Design Act in Japan
Design Act in Japan was reformed in 2019, and it was enacted from April 1st 2020 or later.